Friday, March 25, 2011

Dress Fitting

  Tonight is my second dress fitting. I am super excited to see my gown after two months! I just hope it finally fits. I am a very petite girl (5' 1") so they had to take about 3 inches off the bottom of the dress. They also made sure all of the bead work was secure, and on my dress that is a big job! I never pictured myself as a Cinderella dress kinda girl but I tried on one after another of plain, flowing dresses and none of them grabbed me. So that is how I wound up with the ballgown styled, bead and embroidery infested dress I call my own. It is the only one that made me cry! I knew when I first started trying on wedding gowns that I needed to have that crying moment and started to panic after dress 23 when I hadn't. That is when my consultant asked if she could try something different and I said :by all means".  I got my dress at Davids Bridal for about $800. I guess that is a good price for a wedding gown? I don't know, seems like a lot for one day. Oh well, I will enjoy every minute I am in it so I guess at the end of the night when its just me and my hubby and all our guests have left and we are talking about how amazing our day was it will be well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment