Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cupcakes... The new wedding cake

 Instead of the traditional wedding cake my fiance and I opted for cupcakes. This way we both got to pick several flavors and we don't have to worry about someone cutting up a cake. Plus the leftovers are easier to take home. We are doing 8 different flavors so everyone should be able to find something they like! They are as follows: Black Velvet (a richer version of red velvet), Fuzzy Navel (peach with peach schnapps), Pina Colada (pineapple and rum with coconut frosting), White Chocolate Raspberry, Midnite ( chocolate on chocolate), Eclipse (vanilla and chocolate), Cinnabon, and Apple Crostata (like apple pie). If you can't find a cupcake out of that lot that you like you have a problem! Another plus to cupcakes... they are cheaper. Where traditional cakes run about $4 a person and up cupcakes are about $3. Plus there is no fondant, which I am not too fond of! Well, it was fun tasting all these amazing flavors, even if it was against my pre-wedding diet. I can't wait for all our gusts to try them and tell us what they think. I must admit though, I am dreading the thought of my hubby-to-be smashing cake in my face and on my very expensive dress. All I can say is if he starts it, I'm FINISHING it!!!! :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment